And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Truth is going to be the buzz word in American news this coming week.
Websters definition of TRUTH in his 1828 Dictionary of the English Language is too rich not to share with you
TRTH, n. [Sax treowth, truth, and troth; G. treue; D. getrouwheid, fidelity, from trouw, trust, faith, fidelity, whence trouwen, to marry.]
1. Conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that which is, or has been, or shall be. The truth of history constitutes its whole value. We rely on the truth of the scriptural prophecies.
My mouth shall speak truth. Prov. 8.
Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth. John 17.
2. True state of facts or things. The duty of a court of justice is to discover the truth. Witnesses are sworn to declare the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
3. Conformity of words to thoughts, which is called moral truth.
Shall truth fail to keep her word? Milton.
4. Veracity; purity from falsehood; practice of speaking truth; habitual disposition to speak truth; as when we say, a man is a man of truth.
5. Correct opinion. Harte.
6. Fidelity constancy.
The thoughts of past pleasure and truth,
The best of all blessings below. Song.
7. Honesty; virtue.
It must appear
That malice bears down truth. Shak.
8. Exactness; conformity to rule.
Plows, to go true, depend much on the truth of the iron work. [Not in use.] Mortimer.
9. Real fact or just principle; real state of things. There are innumerable truths with which we are not acquainted.
God is a spirit, and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth. John 4.
11. The truth of God, is his veracity and faithfulness. Ps. 71.
Or his revealed will.
I have walked in thy truth. Ps. 26.
12. Jesus Christ is called the truth. John 14.
13. It is sometimes used by way of concession.
She said, truth, Lord; yet the dogs eat of the crumsMatt. 15.
That is, it is a truth; what you have said, I admit to be true.
In truth, in reality; in fact.
Of a truth, in reality; certainly.
To do truth, is to practice what God commands. John 3
Dont you wish modern dictionaries had such rich definitions!
I have written before about the fact that truth is always fighting to get into the light. Those who honor the Bible believe that all truth will eventually be revealed at the judgment seat of God.
We also understand the fact that all creation is shouting the truth to those who will observe and reason. Further We also understand that ungodly and unrighteous men are struggling to hold under the truth. Professing themselves to be wise, they become fools!
This week will mark another giant step in uncovering what appears to me to be blatant treason in the Administrative branch of our government. Perhaps that light will spread just as darkness has been spreading.
Each of us can do our part by rebuking ignorance and apathy (I dont know & I dont care). We begin overcoming ignorance by paying attention (ask questions, observe, reason use it or lose it!). We begin overcoming apathy by prayer and obedience (get out of your comfort zone).
Remember Liberty costs more than slavery, because it is worth more! [Ben Gilmore]. The enslavers are addicted to power. They will not easily yield it.
However The power they are misappropriating, is power We The People yielded to them by our own ignorance and apathy. Ultimately it is the power placed into our stewardship (i.e. endowed) by our Creator. Power our forefathers wrested from other enslavers with their blood and treasure.
If we are to be worthy of that stewardship, we must once again earn it. A long time ago, God told a nation of people, There is the promised land. I give it to you. Now Go and fight for it!