ACH Study Groups
Ben & Fran Gilmore – Cofounders
7659 Gingerblossom Drive
Citrus Heights, CA 95621
November 13, 2017
This is a letter to our friends –
“REPUTA´TION, n. [Fr. from L reputatio.]
1. Good name; the credit, honor or character which is derived from a favorable public opinion or esteem. Reputation is a valuable species of property or right, which should never be violated. With the loss of reputation, a man and especially a woman, loses most of the enjoyments of life.
The best evidence of reputation is a man’s whole life. Ames.” [Webster’s Dictionary 1828]
We need to pray that Alabama voters will have the discernment to rebuke the political establishment’s desperate effort to destroy the reputation of Judge Roy Moore, candidate for the U.S. Senate. “The best evidence of reputation is a man’s whole life.” So many American principles are being violated. Every citizen should be furious.
· In America we are held innocent until proven guilty!
· It appears the “establishment lawmakers” fear Judge Moore’s presence among them, That dishonors the Alabama voter’s right to select their representative.
· Judge Moore is an outspoken Christian. Many will recall his refusal to remove the Ten Commandments memorial from the court house. Might the establishment be applying a religious test?
· Were Judge Moore to be declared unfit for office because of sexual impropriety, justice would require that we replace most of the legislature. “Let him that has no sin cast the first stone!”
Let me say here that I do not believe the charges against Judge Moore will be proven. On the other hand, only one man has led a sinless life! All of us are guilty of something. The point is – Christians have admitted it and accepted forgiveness!
If a man with Judge Moore’s sterling lifetime reputation can be destroyed – no one’s reputation is safe! Truth has a way of struggling to the surface. I predict those accusing Judge Moore will endure a mighty backlash.
These columns are archived since 12/10/09